Minggu, 08 Oktober 2017

TUGAS 1

HOW TO CALL IN OFFICIAL TELEPHONE
FORMAL AND INFORMAL


A. OPENING

I. General Greeting (Formal) Responses:                   
a) Hello! a)  hello
b) How are you? b) Iam Fine
c) How are you doing? c) Iam very well, thanks you
d) How is everything d) iam fine thanks you
e) How’s everything going? e) iam going to..
f) How have you been keeping? f) Good morning
g) I trust that everything is well. g) Good Aftenoon
h) How do you do? h) Good Evening
i) Good Morning i) Good Night 
j) Good Afternoon
k) Good Evening
l) Good Night

Example :
Secretary: Good morning. Dian Megatama Corporation. Can I help you?
Mr. Nelson: Good morning. I’d like to speak to Mr. Sunarto, please
Secretar: Mr. Sunarto is in a meeting with the personal Manager. Who’s calling, please?
Mr. Nelson: This is Herry Nelson of American Oil Company. Do you know what time he will               finish?
Secretary: I think the meeting won’t last long. Is there anything I can do for you?
Mr. Nelson: Could you please tell Mr. Sunarto to call me back?
Secretary: Right,Sir. May I have your phone number, please?
Mr. Nelson: Sure. My phone number is 8643023. I believe Mr. Sunarto know this number
Secretary: Thank you. I’ll tell Mr. Sunarto soon after he has finished
Mr.Nelson: Thank you for your help. Good bye
Secretary: Good bye, Mr. Nelson. Have a nice day

II. In formal Greeting Respone 
a) Hi!         a) Hi
b) Hello         b) Hello
c) Can you help me? c) Just Fine thanks
d) Will you help me? d) Great, Thanks
e) What’s up? e) pretty well
f) What’s news?                 f) Good to see you too
g) How’s everything? 
h) How’s it going? 
i) How’s business?
j) Good to see you. 
k) How are things (with you)?
l) How’s it going?
m) How’s life been treating you?

Example  conversation : 
Susi:: Hello, Susi’s family here.
Dina: Hello, is it Susi?
Susi: Yes. Who is it?
Dina: I am Dina, your old friend. How are you?
Susi: Wow, is that true that you are Dina?
Dina: Yes of course.
Susi: I am happy to hear your voice again. I am good, how about you?
Susi: Good. How about your family?
Dina: Great. Hey, guess why suddenly I call you.
Susi: Why? Do you want to give me some money?
Dina: Hahahaha, No. I will go to Indonesia for holiday. Your house is my first destination.
Dina: Yes. Is there any problem?
Susi: Of course not. I am happy to see you again. Come on join us.
I will make you taste many traditional Indonesian foods as we did a long time ago.
Dina: Yeah, I miss that moment. I miss you, miss our friends, and many more.
B. REQUEST A REPEAT OF WORDS

a) Could you please repeat that?
b) Would you mind spelling that for me?
c) Could you speak up a little please?
d) Can you speak a little slower please.My English is not very strong.
e) Can you call me back?I think we have a bad connection.
f) Can you please hold for a minute?I have another call.


C. CLOSING
I. Formal Closing
a) So
b) Till we meet again
c) See you tonight
d) See you later
e) See you tomorrow
f) It been nice talking to you
g) Thanks for information 
h) Thanks for talking the time to talk with us
i) Thanks you so much to time
j) Well be in touch 
k) Call me if you have any question
l) Good Bye, Have a nice day

Example :
Secretary : Good morning. Dian Megatama Corporation. Can I help you?
Mr. Nelson : Good morning. I’d like to speak to Mr. Sunarto, please
Secretary : Mr. Sunarto is in a meeting with the personal Manager. Who’s calling, please?
Mr. Nelson : This is Herry Nelson of American Oil Company. Do you know what time he will               finish?
Secretary : I think the meeting won’t last long. Is there anything I can do for you?
Mr. Nelson : Could you please tell Mr. Sunarto to call me back?
Secretary : Right,Sir. May I have your phone number, please?
Mr. Nelson : Sure. My phone number is 8643023. I believe Mr. Sunarto know this number
Secretary : Thank you. I’ll tell Mr. Sunarto soon after he has finished
Mr.Nelson : Thank you for your help. Good bye
Secretary : Good bye, Mr. Nelson. Have a nice day


II. In formal closing

a) Bye-bye  (informal )
b) Cheerio  (used for closed  friend)
c) See you next time friends
d) Good bye
e) Let’s tall again soon
f) Give my love to
g) Hope to hear from you soon
h) Just give me a call if you have any questions
i) Okey
j) See you next 

Example: 
Susi: Hello, Susi’s family here.
Dina: Hello, is it Susi?
Susi: Yes. Who is it?
Dina: I am Dina, your old friend. How are you?
Susi: Wow, is that true that you are Dina?
Dina: Yes of course.
Susi: I am happy to hear your voice again. I am good, how about you?
Dina: So am I. How’s your family?
Susi: Good. How about your family?
Dina: Great. Hey, guess why suddenly I call you.
Susi: Why? Do you want to give me some money?
Dina: Hahahaha, No. I will go to Indonesia for holiday. Your house is my first destination.
Dina: Yes. Is there any problem?
Susi: Of course not. I am happy to see you again. Come on join us.
I will make you taste many traditional Indonesian foods as we did a long time ago.
Dina: Yeah, I miss that moment. I miss you, miss our friends, and many more.
Susi: Ok bye Dina
Dina: Bye Susi 


Referensi
http://www.kuliahbahasainggris.com/dialog-percakapan-bahasa-inggris-formal-dan-informal/
( 08Oktober 2017)
http://www.ilmubahasainggris.com/formal-dan-informal-greeting-pengertian-beserta-contoh-kalimatnya-dalam-bahasa-inggris/
(08Oktober 2017)
http://www.sekolahbahasainggris.com/pengertian-perbedaan-penggunaan-dan-contoh-formal-greeting-vs-informal-greeting-dalam-bahasa-inggris/
(08Oktober 2017)
http://www.blog.maltalingua.com/english-lesson-informal-and-formal-writing/ (08Oktober 2017)
http://www.ef.co.id/englishfirst/englishstudy/bahasa-inggris/cara-menutup-percakapan-dalam-bahasa-inggris.aspx
(08Oktober 2017)  
http://www.ilmubahasainggris.com/contoh-percakapan-cara-menjawab-telepon-di-kantor-dalam-bahasa-inggris/
(08 Oktober 2017)
http://www.belajardasarbahasainggris.com/2015/03/07/contoh-percakapan-telepon-dalam-bahasa-inggris-liburan-beserta-artinya/
(08 Oktober 2017)
https://asaljeplak.com/kamusinggris/cara-menjawab-telepon-dalam-bahasa-inggris/#axzz4v6lGVXhl 




Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar